How to Apply
THE FUND IS INTENDED TO SUPPORT
- The improvement of amateur sport facilities and sport activities.
- Funding the purchase of land, buildings and equipment.
- Funding for training, education and research pertaining to amateur sport.
- Funding for organizational capacity building, leadership development and volunteer support.
The annual application period is from October 1st to November 30th. All completed applications and supporting documents must be submitted to the Society no later than the November deadline. Minimal accountability standards for incorporated non-profit societies are:
- A Board of Directors that provides adequate oversight of the organizations operations and appropriate communications with its members.
- A Board of Directors with a minimum of five members and a strategic planning process.
- A Board policy of assessing, no less than every two years, the organization’s performance within the strategic planning process and submitting it to its membership.
- Complete annual financial statements prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Board approved annual budget for its current fiscal year, outlining projected expenses for major program activities, fund raising and administration.
- Avoidance of accumulating significant funds that is not identified in the organization’s strategic plan that could be used to support this application.
- An agreement with the Society for release of the funds and measurement of the outcomes.
The Legacy Fund will support fledgling organizations establish themselves within the sport community on the understanding that oversight expectations and due diligence are increased until the organization is established and sustainable.
Smaller sport organizations, which are not incorporated under the BC Society Act, are encouraged to apply for funding and will not be restricted by the application requirements.
SECTION 1: Overview
SECTION 2: Purposes and Objectives
SECTION 3: Eligibility Criteria
Printable version of whole document
If you fit all the requirements, you can apply now.
Printable Application Form (PDF file)
or apply online