Board of Directors Responsibilities
The Board of Directors as a whole is responsible for the stewardship of the Society and:
- Supervises the management of the affairs of the Society.
- Undertakes to act honestly and in good faith with a view to the best interests of the Society and the community.
- Exercises the degree of care, diligence and skill that a reasonably prudent person would in comparable circumstances.
- Acts in accordance with its obligations contained in the Society’s constitution, by-laws, and Board and Members resolutions.
- Considers the following matters as a Board and does not delegate them to a committee:
- Any submission to the members of a question or matter requiring the approval of the members of the Kamloops Blazers Sports Society.
- The filling of a vacancy among the directors or the appointing of additional directors.
- Approval of the annual budget and financial statements of the Society.
- Appointment and reconfirmation of the Executive Director.
- Approval of the job description or code of conduct for the Executive Director.
- Approval of a succession plan for the replacement of key personnel.
Printable version of whole document