Responsibilities of the Executive Director
The Executive Director is responsible for the financial, organizational and strategic performance of the Kamloops Blazers Sports Society. More specifically to:
- Foster a culture that promotes ethical practices, encourages individual integrity and fulfills social responsibility.
- Assist the Board in the development and implementation of short and long-term strategic management processes, which will be assessed by result based accountability.
- Manage the recording and reporting of Board and committee activities.
- Assist in developing and implementing Board policies.
- Implement strict internal control systems to protect the Society and establish the necessary management information systems to assess the progress of the strategic management processes.
- Develop budgets that support the strategies and business plans of the Society and recommend to the Board the allocation of capital necessary to achieve them.
- Ensure that the day-to-day business affairs are appropriately managed.
- Consistently strive to achieve the operating goals and objectives, and initiate appropriate action when required.
- Build and maintain a strong positive relationship with the members of the Board, Society and the community.
- Ensure that there is effective communications with the members of the Society and with the community.
- Ensure that an effective succession plan is in place for all key personal within the organization and for the position of Executive Director.
Printable version of whole document